Three more weeks...


                 The Trouble is You think you have Time. - Buddha


I can't believe it's been that long since my last post in February. I started to write this post several times in german but I feel I can at this stage express myself much better in english - sometimes even in Afrikaans.  
The quote mentioned above is a good description on my approach to writing  this blog - I simply thought I had time. Now all of sudden nine months went by - to be precise, I am today ( June 5) exactly nine months and ten days in South Africa. 283 days filled with so many different emotions, new people and new activities. One example of a new encountered hobby:  I would have never imagined me loving to paint and draw and be interested in Art-History but I do enjoy it and my Art classes have been one of my most enjoyable classes I have EVER had . I have made a second family as well as friends to which saying good bye makes me tearing up by just thinking about it.  

Nevertheless I am more than grateful to have experienced so much of South Africa. I got to see every animal of the Big Five to which the Elephant, Giraffe, Leopard, Rhino and Buffalo belong. Game Drives are definetly one of the most fun ones. The excitement once you are focus on the stunning scenery around you to spot anything just to be the first one to proclaim the sighting for yourself. And then being completely astonished while watching Rhinos crossing the road just before your car, as well as giraffes and the total jackpot: a pride of lions casually passing the road. Seeing those majestic animals is the best since I bet we all grew up with the Lion King.  I remember very well my host mom and me squeeking of excitement as we've spottet a leopard (!!) just a few metres next to the road jumping on a tree. It was the best day and the most successful game drive I have had in Pilanesberg.

To not leave the experience to just seeing the animals we went the previous weekend to a Lion Safari Park with the opportunity to pet cheetahs, lion cubs and giraffes. It is just as crazy as it sounds but more than exciting. I must say I was nervous about the cats just being annoyed and scratching me but it was awesome and they are just as soft as they look like. It is just the giraffe which I expected to be a bit softer than it is. It is much rougher than a horse but at least triple as hungry. 😂

Not as soft as they look like actually ;D

Klein Nunu Oliphant




A majestic Cheetah



We have seen a load of elephants that day!!

So beautiful

I just love giraffes!!!

So lucky to have ssen the hippos for once out of the water


xxx R







C) All Pictues taken by me or C.Venter












Kommentare

Beliebte Posts